Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Ultimate Compliment

As I have often said in this blog I like to make and sell my jewelry in good part because of the meanings behind it for my customers.  It's great to know how important a part I play in many of my customer's lives.  Unfortunately some days are more bittersweet than anything else. 

The other day one of my long term customers came by the shop and told me that she had terminal cancer.
yellow gold link necklace with diamonds
Moonbeams Necklace
  She had never been married in her life and had no children but she had a number of nieces and nephews.  She told me that she had already designated how all of her jewelry (most of which was pieces of mine) was to be passed on to the individual relatives.  But then she said to me that she wasn't passing on her favorite piece (also one of mine) to anyone. She told me she had made arrangements to make sure that she was buried in my moonbeams necklace.  

What can you possibly say about that?

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story, and accomplishment. It's been thirty minutes since I read the post, and I still can't stop crying.

    ReplyDelete