Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Some Changes Are on the Way


I know I have some regular readers out there (because they tell me they read this when they come in the store) and I just wanted to give a little head's up to some changes going on. As of September 1 we are beginning a new advertising program with Boston.com (the Boston Globe online site) in which they will be featuring us as one of a few retailers whose blogs will be featured (on a rotating basis) on their site. There will be some beginning lines from my blog and a link to the rest of the article.

I am hoping, of course, to expand my audience (and my customer base---I'm always honest here as you know) for my blog. However it is going to necessitate a few changes. We all know that everyone's attention span is short these days so I believe I am going to have to get new articles posted on a more regular basis. Due to the fact that I actually have to get a chance to make jewelery sometimes this isn't always possible so I may be pulling some of my older articles and simply rerunning them. I apologize to my regular readers ahead of time for this. I don't mean to bore you. I might also simply rewrite some of the articles or update them in some way. So if you start reading something that sounds familiar, you probably are. It may also mean that I have to curtail (at least for a little while) some of my more personal articles although I will probably just try to post two at a time with the personal stuff first and then a more formal article so that the Globe's feed pulls from the more formal article. I'm just not sure whether someone reading something that is ostensibly from a jeweler for the first time is going to care that I just got back from a wonderful vacation.

Speaking of vacations, I did just get back from one. We went to Orient, NY for a few days where my older son, the artist, is spending his summer. He set up a studio in the garage that came with the rental and the picture above is of him hard at work. There was a view from the wraparound porch every night of the sunset and it was quite nice to take a few days at least and enjoy a little nature. You never know when it might pop up in a piece of mine.

And once again I would love to get some feedback from some of you people who read. Given that I need to write more blogs what would you like to hear about???? Please send me some suggestions. I will be happy to get to them.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog yesterday (Aug 2017) when searching for info on emeralds. I've been happily reading through a lot of your older posts...your writing style is so personal/personable and the info invaluable.

    Thanks for your dedication in keeping the blog going...even if you're not as prolific in 2017, your older posts are still so relevant. I'm very much enjoying them! (My husband is also a very experienced goldsmith...it's your gem articles that are particularly interesting to me). If we're every in your area we'll pop in and say hi. (We're Canadian and love the area around Gloucester MA so do get to your state).

    This is a long-winded way of saying thanks for sharing your knowledge, insights and humour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gloucester isn't so far away. Come and visit me next time!

      Delete