Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Danwardian Style Earrings

18k and 22k yellow gold earrings with South Sea pearls
18k and 22k gold earrings with South Sea Pearls and Garnets
I had a customer come in recently whose wife apparently is watching some show on television now that takes place during the Edwardian period and for a 25th wedding anniversary present he wanted to give her a pair of earrings reminiscent of the period.  He wanted it to be a pearl drop but we went around a few times about the other stones he wanted to use and finally ended up going with tsavorite garnets.  As always the design kind of evolved as I was working on it.  He wanted the top piece as you see it here (a little commercial looking for my taste, but it did seem to be used during the period) but the rest was up to me.  The pearl caps came next and making the garnets work on them properly was a bit challenging as I didn't want the settings sticking out too far. Then I was originally going to do two straight links connected to each other but I couldn't get them to look right doing that so I threw out that idea altogether and used just the one link and made up some 22k gold balls to go above them.  Et voila! Danwardian earrings! If you're all lucky some day I'll stop making all these bad play on words!

No comments:

Post a Comment