Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

It's All About the Love


Periodically I am reminded of what I really sell, and honestly it isn't just jewelry. Yesterday I had a gentleman in getting a new wedding band from us about 20 years after getting his first one from us (his wife had also recently gotten a new one from us---someone had lost theirs). Then I had a gentleman in buying a ring for his wife for their 25th anniversary. Later I had a very nice young couple in who picked out a double strand of freshwater keshi pearls for their 10th wedding anniversary. And, in a new one for me, I got a call from an old customer who is getting remarried to her husband some years after they got divorced and is coming in for new rings today!! Now I've had people who have gotten second and third wedding bands from me with different people, and I've had couples renewing their vows with new wedding bands but I can't say that I've ever had someone who got divorced get remarried to the same person with rings from me.

But like I say it isn't really jewelry that I'm selling. I'm selling memories. Whether the memory is of someone you are with, someone who has passed (I recently made up an 18k gold ashes container for a young gentleman), or just a significant point in your life, I truly believe that selling you something that you can wear that reminds of you of a special time in your life is one of the best parts of my job. It may sometimes be a sad memory but the fact that my customers allow me to play a role in these memories is something I personally treasure.

I know that there are a bunch of you out there who are reading my posts because I keep getting people in who reference things I've written here. It would make me really happy if I could get a few comments from some of you about how I've helped some of you with your own memories. I'd love to be able to post a few of them.

The ring above is an 18k gold wedding ring with a sandblasted background with 950 platinum wires on top and a .03 ct. diamond. This was a custom job for a customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment