Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On happy endings, happy customers and clueless guys.


Awhile back I posted this article: http://spirerjewelers.blogspot.com/2011/03/implied-warranties.html on implied warranties and told the tale of a young man who had come into my store after a bad experience with another local jeweler. I'm happy to report that not only does his fiancee have a beautiful new ring (similar to the one at the top of this picture only in platinum) but they also just got their new wedding bands from me as well. But the better news is that they took the other jeweler to small claims court and were able to get back all of the money they spent on the ring itself (the large center diamond they kept to put into the new ring). So sometimes things do have a happy ending. He had me do one of my mountain rings in all white gold that came out pretty neat. It was of a mountain from his home state of Hawaii known as the pregnant woman mountain.

I've had a number of very happy customers in recently. An old one came in with a very old ring I had made originally with their stones in. They had removed the sapphire in it at some point to do something else with it and he came in and asked if I could put a diamond into it for a round numbered birthday of his wife's. The gentleman was so happy both buying and picking up the ring that I thought he was going to burst. I had another young couple in as well and all he really wanted to do was make her happy with whatever ring she picked out. These are the kind of guys I really like. I mean this is what it is all about for me. I am truly in the business of helping love along.

However, this doesn't mean that there aren't still a lot of really clueless guys out there. I routinely get women in who mention that they had a large birthday or anniversary and the husbands didn't acknowledge them at all. I don't mean they didn't get a nice piece of jewelry. I mean they didn't get anything. So I'd like to remind all the women out there that you don't have to wait for them to do something. If they blow it, get yourself something you like, get it wrapped up and hand it to them and say: "Hi honey. It's so nice that you thought to get this for me! I'm sure I'm going to love it!" We are, after all, living in a world where women are supposed to be equal!

The bracelet pictured above is 18k and 22k gold with freshwater keshi pearls and orange sapphires.

No comments:

Post a Comment